Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Geijutsu Shincho - Kano Kazunobu - This artist is truly impressive. His stuff blows me away!






Size: 8 ” x 11 ” - Pages: 168 - Published: 2011 - Price: $52 - Binding: Softcover

This issue of Geijutsu Shincho includes an amazing 70 page feature on Kano Kazunobu and anyone hunting Kano Hogai-esque imagery will definitely want to check it out. From the same art house as Kyosai and Hogai, Kazunobu's body of work is outstanding. He employs the same stunning color palate as Hogai but his illustrations are almost kaleidoscopic in detail. There is so much going on in each illustration, each becomes a story told from start to finish, amazing. Kazunobu's art heavily features Buddhist iconography but the support imagery is equally as compelling and his grasp and use of color is unparalleled. There are a few other articles in this issue of Geijutsu Shincho but they pale next to Kazunobu's article. Text is in Japanese. As there is so little available on this artists I highly suggest you add this one to your collections.






4 comments:

n.piper said...

Love it! And love this blog - also love the Trevor Brown book and Suehiro Maruo Marougraph - if I could I would buy these three right now! Damn budgeting for art-student life.

Anonymous said...

Also liked it, but what I'd really love to get my hands on, is the catalogue of the current exhibition. Assuming there is one & that it is richly illustrated ;-)

Gomineko Books said...

There is and I ordered some, I'll upload them this weekend!!

Stir Fry Recipes said...

Thanks for writing this